These terms and conditions (“Terms”) govern your use of the our website at (http://www.uppsalasecurity.com), and all associated sites linked to (http://www.uppsalasecurity.com), and all programs, software, services, services, material, information and data offered by Uppsala Pte. Ltd. made available on mobile, web-based or other applications (collectively, the “Sentinel Platform”). If you do not accept any of these Terms, please do not use the Sentinel Platform. Your access and/or use of the Sentinel Platform shall be deemed to be an acceptance of these Terms.
1.1. In these Terms, “we”, “us” and “our” refers to Uppsala Pte. Ltd. (“Uppsala”), a company incorporated under the laws of Singapore. “You” and “your” refers to any person who (a) has registered for an account on the Sentinel Platform including any contributor providing products and services through the Sentinel Platform; and/or (b) accesses or uses the Sentinel Platform without registering for an account.
1.2. We may revise these Terms at any time without notice to you. You should visit this page from time to time and review the Terms.
1.3. We may modify or discontinue any information or features that form part of the Sentinel Platform at any time, without notice to you, and without liability. We may also, in our discretion, cease to operate the Sentinel Platform at any time, but will give you advance notice of such intention.
1.4. These Terms will also apply to any updates or upgrades provided by us that replace and/or supplement any part of the Sentinel Platform, unless such updates or upgrades are accompanied by separate terms in which case those separate terms shall apply.
2. ACCOUNT REGISTRATION
2.1. You may be required to apply and register for an account with us before you are entitled to access and/or use certain features of the Sentinel Platform.
2.2. In signing up for an account with us, you represent and warrant that:
- all registration information provided by you is true, accurate, current and complete to the best of your knowledge and belief;
- you will promptly update changes to your registration details; and
- you are of legal age and have the requisite mental and legal capacity in accordance with the applicable laws of Singapore to enter into these Terms and use the Sentinel Platform.
2.3. We reserve the right to reject your application for an account, suspend your use of or terminate your account.
2.4. When registering for an account, you may be required to provide various pieces of personal information (such as name, gender, identification numbers, etc.) to us in accordance with instructions given through the Sentinel Platform. You represent and warrant that all information that you provide to us is accurate, true and complete. We may, if required or in accordance with applicable laws, check and verify the information you have provided to us. You agree to cooperate and extend to us any assistance that we may require for such checks and verifications.
2.5. Notwithstanding any verification that we may conduct pursuant to Clause 2.4 above, such verification does not constitute any endorsement, guarantee or certification on our part that any registered user on the Sentinel Platform is safe, trustworthy and/or reliable.
2.6. Use of account
- 2.6.1. agree to keep your account ID and password confidential and shall not allow other person to use the account; and
- 2.6.2. shall notify us immediately if you have any reason to believe that the security of your account has been compromised.
2.7. You are solely responsible for any and all activities which occur under your account. We are entitled to treat all activities that occur under your account as having been conducted with your knowledge and authority. For the avoidance of doubt, in cases where you have allowed any other person to use your account or have negligently or otherwise made your password and/or account ID publicly available, you agree that you are fully responsible for:
- 2.7.1. the online conduct of such user;
- 2.7.2. controlling the user’s access to and use of the Sentinel Platform; and
- 2.7.3. the consequences of any use or misuse.
2.8. You acknowledge and agree that we may access your account and its contents as necessary for purposes including but not limited to identifying or resolving technical problems or responding to complaints without prior notice to you.
ACCESS TO THE SENTINEL PLATFORM
3.1. The accessibility and operation of the Sentinel Platform relies on technologies outside our control.
3.2. We do not guarantee that the Sentinel Platform will be:
- 3.2.1. error-free;
- 3.2.2. continuously available or uninterrupted in operation;
- 3.2.3. unhackable, uncompromisable and/or free of any data breach (inadvertently or intentionally through interference or interception by third parties); or
- 3.2.4. free of bugs or other harmful codes and components not specifically mentioned herein.
3.3. We do not endorse, and are not associated with any third parties that may be mentioned on the Sentinel Platform, or products and services offered by such third parties.
3.4 We have no obligation to provide any maintenance, support or other services in relation to the Sentinel Platform, including providing any telephone assistance, documentation, error corrections, updates, upgrades, bug fixes, patches, and/or enhancements. However, if we do provide any updates, upgrade, bug fixes and/or patches, and/or enhancements in respect of the Sentinel Platform, you shall install them and keep your installation of the Sentinel Platform updated to the most recent release or version made available by us.
3.5. Your access to and/or use of the Sentinel Platform may also be interrupted, suspended or restricted when we provide any maintenance, support or other services in relation to the Sentinel Platform.
4. LICENSE AND ACCESS
4.1. Your use of the Sentinel Platform is subject to your compliance with these Terms. Where we provide you with programs and software, you are granted a limited, royalty-free, non-exclusive, personal, revocable and non-transferable, licence and right to download and use them for your own personal, non-commercial purposes. Our programs and software are licensed, not sold, to you, and you may only use them as permitted by these Terms. This licence does not transfer any title in Sentinel Platform to you. We retain all rights in Sentinel Platform and reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
4.2. The Sentinel Platform and its contents (including trademarks, source code, pages, documents and online graphics, audio and video), and all proprietary and intellectual property rights associated therewith, whether registered or not, are protected by law and owned by or licensed to us. You acknowledge that you have no right, title, interest in and to the Sentinel Platform and you agree not to challenge the validity of our ownership of or rights to the Sentinel Platform. You shall not reproduce, republish, distribute or otherwise exploit any content of the Sentinel Platform in any way without our prior express consent, which may be withheld for any or no reason.
4.3. In order for us to provide you with the facilities and functionalities offered by the Sentinel Platform, you hereby grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, irrevocable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works of, display and perform any information that you upload, submit, store, send or receive through the Sentinel Platform for our business and operational purposes (including to transmit your communications and storing undelivered communications on our servers).
5. YOUR OBLIGATIONS
You represent, undertake and warrant that you will:
- 5.1.1. provide us with all necessary information as may be required by us in order to provide you with products and services you need on the Sentinel Platform;
- 5.1.2. comply with all applicable laws and regulations with respect to your activities in connection with the Sentinel Platform;
- 5.1.3. ensure that the Transaction complies with all applicable laws and regulations; and
- 5.1.4. comply with all applicable security or encryption standards, rules, procedures and guidelines.
6. USAGE RESTRICTIONS
6.1. You will not, and will not permit any other party to:
- 6.1.1. modify, adapt, improve, enhance, alter, translate or create derivative works of the Sentinel Platform;
- 6.1.2. reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive the source code or structure of the Sentinel Platform, or decrypt our the Sentinel Platform;
- 6.1.3. use or merge the Sentinel Platform, or any component or element thereof, with other software, databases or services not provided or authorised by the Sentinel Platform;
- 6.1.4. publish, transmit, post, upload or maintain any defamatory, obscene, threatening, malicious or otherwise objectionable material, or any other material in violation of any statute, rule or regulation in any jurisdiction to which you are subject;
- 6.1.5. publish, transmit, post, upload or maintain any content or material that is inaccurate or that violates or infringes the right of a third party, including, without limitation, contractual, moral, or privacy rights;
- 6.1.6. create a database by systematically downloading and storing the contents of Sentinel Platform;
- 6.1.7. interfere or attempt to interfere with services we provide on the Sentinel Platform ("denial of service attacks") including, but not limited to, "flooding" of networks, deliberate attempts to overload a service, attempts to "crash" us and taking any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the services provided by us or the associated infrastructure;
- 6.1.8. circumvent, or attempt to circumvent, user authentication or security measures ("cracking") of any Internet or intranet site or any of the accounts of our any other person using the Sentinel Platform, including but not limited to, accessing data and/or information not intended for you, logging into an account you are not expressly authorised to access or in a manner which is not authorised by us;
- 6.1.9. use any kind of program/script/command/application, or send messages of any kind, designed to, in any manner interfere with any user’s terminal session;
- 6.1.10. upload files that are corrupted, contain viruses, bugs or any other similar software, code, component or programs which may damage the Sentinel Platform or cause interference to the services provided by us;
- 6.1.11. use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, "scrape," "data mine", “crawl” or in any way gather the Sentinel Platform or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Sentinel Platform without our express prior written consent;
- 6.1.12. use the Sentinel Platform to send unsolicited commercial advertisements to any party in any situation in which commercial advertisements are unwelcome;
- 6.1.13. violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations in connection with your access or use of the Sentinel Platform;
- 6.1.14. use the Sentinel Platform to engage in fraudulent, illegal or suspicious activities and/or transactions, including fraud, money laundering and financing terrorism;
- 6.1.15. develop, distribute or sell any software or other functionality capable of launching, being launched from or otherwise integrated with the Sentinel Platform;
- 6.1.16. remove, alter or obscure any copyright notice or any other proprietary notice that appears on or in the Sentinel Platform.
6.2. Vulnerabilities. We do not provide any guarantee against security breaches, nor do we make any warranty, guarantee, or representation that your use of our websites and applications is safe and protected from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other vulnerabilities. We also do not guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically. Sending such data is entirely at your own risk.
6.3. Period of retention. We retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, and to satisfy our business and/or legal purposes, including data analytics, audit, accounting or reporting purposes. How long we keep your personal data depends on the nature of the data, e.g. we keep personal data for at least the duration of the limitation period for bringing claims if the personal data may be required to commence or defend legal proceedings. Some information may also be retained for longer, e.g. where we are required to do so by law. Typically, our data retention periods range from 7 to 15 years.
6.4. Anonymised data. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we are entitled to retain and use such data without restriction.
7. USER CONTENTS
7.1. In the course of using the Sentinel Platform, a user may be submitting, uploading, transmitting and/or displaying data (including messages and images), information, materials, commentary, suggestions, feedback, media and/or any other content (“User Contents”) that may be accessible by other users.
7.3. You grant us the right to display, modify, re-format, use, publish and disseminate such User Contents as we deem fit.
7.4. You shall bear full responsibility for your User Contents. You affirm, represent, and/or warrant that you own or have the necessary rights, licenses, consents, and permissions to use and upload your User Content.
7.5. We are not responsible for any User Contents. In particular, we are not responsible if any User Contents contain remarks or ratings which you consider to be false, inaccurate, offensive, indecent, defamatory or objectionable in any other way.
7.6. You may contact us to request us to remove any User Contents as provided in Clause 13.2. This sets out our total responsibility and your full rights in relation to User Contents.
8. INFORMATION AND CONTENTS ON THE SENTINEL PLATFORM
8.1. The Sentinel Platform includes information, data and conclusions generated by the community of users of the Sentinel Platform, including information in the Threat Reputation Database (“TRDB”) (“collectively referred to as (“Sentinel Information”).
8.2. We are not responsible and disclaim all liability for the Sentinel Platform (including Sentinel Information) and/or products and services provided by users or third parties. We do not warrant or represent the truth or accuracy of Sentinel Information or any information or contents uploaded by third parties or other users.
8.3. The Sentinel Platform (including Sentinel Information) may not cover all information available on a particular issue. Nothing contained on the Sentinel Platform constitutes professional advice nor is it to be relied on when making any decision.
8.4. While we try to ensure that information available on the Sentinel Platform is timely and accurate, sometimes inaccuracies may occur.
9. THIRD PARTY SERVICES AND MARKETING
9.1. Sentinel Platform may provide functionalities and services to allow you to access, use, interface and/or interact with third party products and services (e.g. third party backup services of Dropbox and/or Google Drive). The use of such third party products and services will be subject to separate terms as agreed between you and such third parties. We are not responsible and disclaim all liability for any act or omission of these third parties, or any dealings between you and these third parties, whether or not such dealings have been facilitated or conducted on or through the Sentinel Platform.
9.2. We may place advertisements such as banners, java applets and/or such other materials for the purposes of advertising product and/or services (“Advertisements”) in different locations on the Sentinel Platform and at different points during your use of the Sentinel Platform. These locations and points may change from time to time. You will not be entitled to receive any payment, fee and/or commission in respect of the Advertisements. Nothing in Sentinel Platform shall be construed as an endorsement of any third party’s products or services.
9.3. The Sentinel Platform allows third parties to market their events and promotional activities to you. Should you wish to participate in such events and promotional activities, such engagement will be subject to separate terms as agreed between you and the relevant third parties. We are not responsible and disclaim all liability for any act or omission of these third parties, or any dealings between you and these third parties, whether or not such dealings have been facilitated or conducted on or through the Sentinel Platform.
10.1. While the Sentinel Platform may provide wallet services (“Wallet”). We do not have access to, receive or store your private keys or mnemonic phrase associated with your Wallet (“Private Keys”). It is not possible for us to generate new Private Keys for your Wallets in any circumstances. In the event that:
- 10.1.1. you have misplaced your Private Keys, and/or
- 10.1.2. the device containing the Private Keys is lost, damaged and/or stolen, you will not be able to gain access to the cryptocurrencies associated with your Wallet unless you have made alternative arrangements to store your Private Keys.
10.2. It is solely your responsibility to ensure that your Private Keys are securely protected both online and offline. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any loss arising out of or in connection with any lost, mishandled and/or stolen Private Keys.
11. LINKS FROM THIS SENTINEL PLATFORM TO OTHER APPLICATIONS
11.1. Sentinel Platform may contain hyperlinks which are not maintained by us. Use and/or access of the hyperlinks and access to such hyperlinked applications are entirely at your own risk.
11.2. All hyperlinks to other applications are provided to you for convenience only. We do not, in any circumstances approve, endorse or accept any responsibility for any hyperlinked applications or any hyperlink contained in a hyperlinked application.
12. LINKS TO THE SENTINEL PLATFORM FROM OTHER WEBSITES
12.1. You may not cache, frame or link to the Sentinel Platform without our prior written consent, which may be subject to conditions.
12.2. We reserve the right to change the URL(s) of the Sentinel Platform without prior notice to you.
13. REMOVAL OF CONTENTS
13.1. We may at any time at our sole discretion, remove any content on Sentinel Platform (including User Contents) without prior notice, and for any reason including without limitation, contents that appear to be outdated, or which are in contravention of these Terms. In the event that we remove any content, we shall not be liable whether to you or to any other party for any damage or any other remedy, in law or in equity.
13.2. You may contact us with a request to remove content on Sentinel Platform if you have reasonable grounds to believe that the content:
- 13.2.1. is defamatory, obscene, threatening, malicious, incites hatred or contains any other objectionable material;
- 13.2.2. infringes intellectual property rights or any other proprietary rights or was posted in breach of confidentiality obligations;
- 13.2.3. is inaccurate or misleading; or
- 13.2.4. is illegal.
13.3. You shall provide us with the necessary information and documentation we require for us to assess whether your objections are valid. If we are convinced that your objections are valid, we will take steps to remove the content. You represent and warrant that all information provided in connection with such report shall be true, accurate and complete.
14.1. We reserve the right to charge for services, and use of features and functionalities within Sentinel Platform from time to time.
15. SECURITY AND RISKS
15.1. Where appropriate, we use available technology to protect the security of communication made through Sentinel Platform. To the maximum extent permitted under applicable laws, we do not accept liability for the security, authenticity, integrity or confidentiality of any transactions and other communications made through Sentinel Platform.
15.2. Internet communications may be susceptible to interference or interception by third parties. You acknowledge that there are inherent risks (including risks related to security, authenticity, integrity and confidentiality) in electronic communications, messaging and conducting transactions over electronic networks. We expressly disclaim any liability for such risks, which you agree to assume. We make no warranties that Sentinel Platform is free of infection by computer viruses or other unauthorised software.
16. GENERAL DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
16.1. The Sentinel Platform is provided "as is" and "as available" with no warranties whatsoever. To the maximum extent permitted under applicable laws, we make no guarantee, representation or warranty:
- 16.1.1. regarding the timeliness, reliability, accuracy, completeness, accessibility, quality, fitness for a particular purpose, operation or usefulness of any portion of the Sentinel Platform;
- 16.1.2. regarding the availability or appropriateness of the Sentinel Platform;
- 16.1.3. that the Sentinel Platform or your use of the Sentinel Platform will not infringe the intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any third party;
- 16.1.4. that Sentinel Platform will be error-free, continuously available or uninterrupted in operation, or free of bugs or other harmful codes or components;
- 16.1.5. that Sentinel Platform will operate or function properly on your devices or operating systems;
- 16.1.6. that Sentinel Platform will not cause any damage to your devices or operating systems; or
- 16.1.7. that there will not be any unauthorised access and/or use of your Wallet and/or Private Key.
16.2. Your use of the Sentinel Platform is voluntary and at your sole risk. You are solely responsible for:
- 16.2.1. your reliance on the Sentinel Platform and the information available through the Sentinel Platform;
- 16.2.2. any liability, loss or damage that you may incur through use of the Sentinel Platform; and
- 16.2.3. all decisions or actions resulting from your use of the Sentinel Platform and its contents.
16.3. We will not be liable for any loss, damage, expense or costs:
- 16.3.1. that you may incur as a result of your using or relying on any data, conclusion, statement, opinion, representation or information on the Sentinel Platform;
- 16.3.2. that you may incur as a result of your dealing with a third party service provider or another user through the Sentinel Platform;;
- 16.3.3. resulting from any delay in operation or transmission, communication failure, Internet access difficulties or malfunction of equipment or software;
- 16.3.4. arising out of or in connection with any unauthorised access to your Wallet and/or Private Keys;
- 16.3.5. arising out of the loss of your Private Keys;
- 16.3.6. in connection with User Contents; and/or
- 16.3.7. the conduct or the views of any person who accesses or uses Sentinel Platform.
16.4. We are not responsible for the underlying technologies that are used or supported on the Sentinel Platform. You agree to bear all risks associated with these technologies.
16.5. We, and our parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, shall not be liable, in any circumstances or legal theories whatsoever, for any loss of data, business, profits or goodwill, loss of use, interruption of business, or for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages of any character, even if we are aware of the risk of such damages, that result in any way from your use of, access to or reliance on the Sentinel Platform. Our liability to you shall not, for any reason, exceed:
- 16.5.1. the amount paid by you to us in relation to your use or access to the Sentinel Platform in the one (1) year period preceding the incident giving rise to your claim against us; or
- 16.5.2. S$100 (Singapore Dollars one hundred only), whichever is lower.
17.1. You agree to indemnify us and our directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents, sub-contractors and licensors (collectively the “Indemnified Persons”) in respect of any and all claims, losses, damages, expenses (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis), or liabilities (whether criminal or civil) and costs of settlement suffered or incurred by the Indemnified Persons or asserted against them in respect of:
- 17.1.1. any unauthorised access and use of the Sentinel Platform by you;
- 17.1.2. any breach of these Terms by you;
- 17.1.3. our reliance on information, data or records provided by you in connection with your use of the Sentinel Platform;
- 17.1.4. any dispute between you and a third party service provider or another user of the Sentinel Platform; and/or
- 17.1.5. the occurrence of any event due to your act, omission or default which comprises the security or integrity of the Sentinel Platform or its contents.
18. FORCE MAJEURE
18.1. We are not liable for any loss, damage or penalty resulting from delays or failures in performance if the delay or failure results from events beyond our reasonable control (a “Force Majeure Event”). Force Majeure Events shall include, but are not limited to, acts of God, war, hostility, invasion, act of foreign enemies, rebellion, revolution, riots, civil war, disturbances, requisitioning or other acts of civil or military authority, laws, regulations, acts or orders of any governmental authority, body, agency or official, fires, inclement weather, rain or floods (however caused), strikes, lock-outs or other labour disputes, epidemics, outbreaks, embargoes, breakdown of equipment, plant or machinery (including, but not limited to, data centre, telecommunications systems and utility services) or other catastrophe.
19.1. You shall, at all times, keep confidential all information provided by us or on our behalf that is marked or is by its nature confidential or proprietary (“Confidential Information”). You shall not disclose or permit to be disclosed the Confidential Information to any third party without our prior written consent. These obligations of confidentiality do not apply to information that is publicly available, already in your possession without confidentiality restrictions or required to be disclosed by order of a court or the relevant governmental authorities.
21. MONITORING OF USE AND AUDIT
21.1. We reserve the right to monitor usage of the Sentinel Platform by any person and have the sole discretion to refuse access or use by any person at any time without having to give any reason or any prior notice.
21.2. You will be asked to account for any unauthorised access. You shall provide us with your fullest cooperation and all necessary support for the conduct of the audits at no cost to us.
22. TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS AND CONSENTS
22.1. You acknowledge and agree that for the Sentinel Platform to function, it requires a compatible mobile or computer device with connectivity to the internet. You are solely responsible for obtaining a suitable mobile or computer device, and the necessary connectivity services and/or equipment to access and use the Sentinel Platform.
22.2. You consent to receiving electronic communications (including through SMS, MMS, text messages and/or other electronic means) associated with your use of the Sentinel Platform.
22.2. You consent to us collecting and using your device’s technical data and associated information. Such technical data do not include personal information and may be used by us to facilitate the provision and improvement of the Sentinel Platform, software updates, product support and other services associated with the Sentinel Platform.
23.1. We reserve the right to terminate your access and use of the Sentinel Platform, immediately without prior notice and without liability to you, if:
- 23.1.1. you are in breach, or will be in breach, of these Terms and (if the breach is remediable) have not remedied the breach to our satisfaction and within such time we have stipulated;
- 23.1.2. you have used or are using the Sentinel Platform for any illegal or impermissible purpose or activity including any activity which may expose or potentially expose us to civil or criminal liability;
- 23.1.3. we deem fit to do so for security reasons or to protect our interests or the interests of other users of the Sentinel Platform (including other users);
- 23.1.4. we determine that your account is inactive;
- 23.1.5. a Force Majeure Event continues for more than one (1) month; and/or
- 23.1.6. we are required to do so in compliance with any applicable law or regulation, or we are ordered to do so by any enforcement, regulatory or other governmental authority.
24. APPLICABLE LAWS
24.1. Use of the Sentinel Platform and these Terms are governed by the laws of Singapore, without reference to conflicts of laws rules.
24.2. You submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore in relation to all disputes and any claim relating to use of this Sentinel Platform.
25.1. If any provision in these Terms is found invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent possible, and the other provisions contained herein will remain in full force and effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us in relation to the subject matter herein and supersede any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements or representations. Our failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Terms shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Other than the Indemnified Persons, a person who is not a party to this these Terms shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap. 53B) to enforce these Terms.
25.2. You may not transfer or assign any of your contractual rights or obligations without our prior written consent. We may, by notice in writing to you, transfer or assign or novate any of our contractual rights and obligations.